Tuesday 19 July 2016

Battery replace

During flight to Moscow i did not noticed, that my watches was signalizing radiation alert (the radiation was pretty high because of cosmic radiation - I was not protected by the atmosphere so well as on the ground). The radiation alert beeped for few hours and it caused batery discharge. When i arrived to Dubna (where I work) I was looking for some clock shop, where they would replace my battery. I found out, that there is probably no clock shop there. I bought new battery in electronics store and decided to change it by myself. The battery, which are used are CR-2032. I bought the pack of two CR-2032 for 229 RUB (approximately 3,3 €).

pm1208m uses threaded cover, so it is hard to open it. I found this video on the internet, which helped me:



I had no special tool niether pliers long enough. I found out, that old vernier calipers are great tool for opening the watch. If you are wondering how the opened watches look like i took some photos:



You can see the GM tube and microcontroller there...

No comments:

Post a Comment